DrupalCon SF 2010: Planning and Executing a Successful Drupal Implementation
Learn how to execute best practice processes on large scale Drupal implementations. You'll hear real world examples of how to deal with detailed customer requirements, systems integration complications, tight budgets, and high expectations from stakeholders. Drupal poses particular challenges in these areas, and this panel of experienced Drupal implementers will help you navigate them with predictable results.
Run time 70 minutes 38 secondsAudio/Visual sound, color
In this session we'll discuss how agile analysis and project management processes can be applied to the specific and unique situations presented in a Drupal implementation. We'll discuss the setting of expectations for stakeholders when planning and executing a Drupal project, and how to avoid the typical pitfalls. You'll also learn how a multi-disciplined project team can smooth your project execution, and increase your chance for overall success.
Topics to be covered:
* Talking to your stakeholders about CMS and Drupal
* Avoiding the "just install the X module" effect
* How to ask the right questions
* Tailoring the solution to fit within Drupal's natural capabilities
* Brainstorming and wireframing techniques
* Dealing with technical challenges that are specific to Drupal
* Ensuring site acceptance, and more importantly, stakeholder happiness!